Senior Goodbyes: What is after graduation
Texas has fallen from the 45th to last ranked by percent of citizens age 25 and older with a high school diploma or GED. Pam Belcher
For nine years, I've pushed, fought, struggled and clawed my way to a four-year degree.
Having dropped out to help my family through the oil bust, working my savings up to pay for tuition and changing my major five times, here I stand on the edge of oblivion... Oh, I mean graduation.
Now, the obvious question stands: What to do next?
Beats me, in all honesty...
I never wanted to settle for just one thing, which is why I chose journalism as my major.
Every day is different enough to keep my attention, seeing as it lasts about as long as a rodent's.
One thing is certain: I want to travel. I fell in love with Africa on mission trips, and I hope my career takes me back and beyond.
I really want to be a combat journalist, but regardless, I hope my passion for photojournalism helps me give human faces to what would otherwise be a number in some terrible statistic.
I can't say I'm not scared. Then again, I sort of always have been in everything I've ever done-but it's never held me back.
I take the teachings of my instructors, the love and support of my family, and great memories of my friends when I leave this place.
No matter where I end up, I'm a better man because of my experiences at ASU.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas