Senior Goodbyes: What is after graduation
Texas has fallen from the 45th to last ranked by percent of citizens age 25 and older with a high school diploma or GED. Pam Belcher
For nine years, I've pushed, fought, struggled and clawed my way to a four-year degree.
Having dropped out to help my family through the oil bust, working my savings up to pay for tuition and changing my major five times, here I stand on the edge of oblivion... Oh, I mean graduation.
Now, the obvious question stands: What to do next?
Beats me, in all honesty...
I never wanted to settle for just one thing, which is why I chose journalism as my major.
Every day is different enough to keep my attention, seeing as it lasts about as long as a rodent's.
One thing is certain: I want to travel. I fell in love with Africa on mission trips, and I hope my career takes me back and beyond.
I really want to be a combat journalist, but regardless, I hope my passion for photojournalism helps me give human faces to what would otherwise be a number in some terrible statistic.
I can't say I'm not scared. Then again, I sort of always have been in everything I've ever done-but it's never held me back.
I take the teachings of my instructors, the love and support of my family, and great memories of my friends when I leave this place.
No matter where I end up, I'm a better man because of my experiences at ASU.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Computer science major gives insight into why he chose ASU
- Rams start game off with a strong lead
- ASU and SAMFA work together to make the museum come alive
- Students to climb their way to top at fourth annual rock climbing competition
- Candidates suggest text book swapping idea, Craigslist-style for students
- Rams and Rambelles place in David Noble meet
- Students who can’t make it home for Easter make the most of it
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
- 4 Basic Exercises to Help Older Adults Improve Strength...
- New Drug May Help Control the Spread of Cancer
- Uber to Passengers: Our Drivers May Be Unsafe
- Thermal Imaging Camera Helps Find Hidden Damage in Your Home
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!
- FARE's College Food Allergy Program Pilots in a Dozen Schools Nationwide
- HOTSHOT® HOT Canned Coffee gets a Jolt from Kickstarter
- From dating to internships - it's everything you need to know about college: The Her Campus Guide to College Life, Out Now