Senior Goodbyes: What is after graduation
Texas has fallen from the 45th to last ranked by percent of citizens age 25 and older with a high school diploma or GED. Pam Belcher
For nine years, I've pushed, fought, struggled and clawed my way to a four-year degree.
Having dropped out to help my family through the oil bust, working my savings up to pay for tuition and changing my major five times, here I stand on the edge of oblivion... Oh, I mean graduation.
Now, the obvious question stands: What to do next?
Beats me, in all honesty...
I never wanted to settle for just one thing, which is why I chose journalism as my major.
Every day is different enough to keep my attention, seeing as it lasts about as long as a rodent's.
One thing is certain: I want to travel. I fell in love with Africa on mission trips, and I hope my career takes me back and beyond.
I really want to be a combat journalist, but regardless, I hope my passion for photojournalism helps me give human faces to what would otherwise be a number in some terrible statistic.
I can't say I'm not scared. Then again, I sort of always have been in everything I've ever done-but it's never held me back.
I take the teachings of my instructors, the love and support of my family, and great memories of my friends when I leave this place.
No matter where I end up, I'm a better man because of my experiences at ASU.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Agency Finds Niche for Clients With Small Budgets
- Not Seeing a Chiropractor Could Cost You
- Steampunk Steamrolls Into Living Rooms Nationwide
- Modern-Day Party Do's and Don'ts
- Taking Care of Your Child's Eyes in Today's Digitally...
- Will the Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Survey Shows Americans' Views on Dental Hygiene Differ by...
- Fire Away: How to Prepare For Hunting Season
- Novel Program Brings Hope to African Nation
- What Health Care Really Costs
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS