Restaurant Review: The Grill
Texas has fallen from the 45th to last ranked by percent of citizens age 25 and older with a high school diploma or GED. Pam Belcher
Restaurants range from what I would consider high-class to "Let's just go through the drive-through so we don't have to get out of the car."
It's just not in my nature to try the "classier" joints, but yet again, a friend offered to buy, and I don't refuse a free meal.
The Grill is located at 5769 Sherwood Way, just past the Walmart, and serves "southwest style cuisine."
The chef, Felipe Armenta, has quite the resume under his belt, which also includes The Cork and Pig Tavern, located in San Angelo, and The Tavern in Fort Worth.
I am in no way dissing the food because it was great by any standards, in my opinion, but the overall place just wasn't for me.
First of all, The Grill boasts an extensive wine selection and has plenty of cocktails and beers for you non-wine drinkers. However, I'm not much for anything that doesn't have a pirate of some kind on it.
While we waited for our order, my friend offered to order some queso. I love me some nachos, so I was totally down.
Unfortunately for me, what they call queso is actually pimento cheese. My friend is from Wisconsin, so I can't hold the misunderstanding against her.
Again, not saying it was bad at all; it just wasn't what I was expecting.
When my food came out, a steak and enchilada combo, I was pretty disappointed in the size of my steak.
Of course, I probably should have asked about the size, but it was smaller than I'm used to.
Don't get me wrong-I gobbled it up and never looked back. It tasted great, but my wallet probably will beg for somewhere else next time. I still recommend developing your own opinion, and I hope you enjoy it.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Softball seniors go out with a bang at their last home game
- German club hosts Walpurgis Night, all are invited
- Student chooses ASU for the small time feel, scholarships and smiling faces
- Athlete from Hamlin, Texas, picks ASU for track experience
- PIKE gets risqué for a good cause
- Famous paleontologist talks to students about his discovery of an extinct fish
- Drop and Shop sale benefits Concho Valley PAWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Bee Safe While Gardening to Protect Pollinators
- Military Seeks Better Alternatives for Treating Pain...
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!