Restaurant Review: The Grill
Texas has fallen from the 45th to last ranked by percent of citizens age 25 and older with a high school diploma or GED. Pam Belcher
Restaurants range from what I would consider high-class to "Let's just go through the drive-through so we don't have to get out of the car."
It's just not in my nature to try the "classier" joints, but yet again, a friend offered to buy, and I don't refuse a free meal.
The Grill is located at 5769 Sherwood Way, just past the Walmart, and serves "southwest style cuisine."
The chef, Felipe Armenta, has quite the resume under his belt, which also includes The Cork and Pig Tavern, located in San Angelo, and The Tavern in Fort Worth.
I am in no way dissing the food because it was great by any standards, in my opinion, but the overall place just wasn't for me.
First of all, The Grill boasts an extensive wine selection and has plenty of cocktails and beers for you non-wine drinkers. However, I'm not much for anything that doesn't have a pirate of some kind on it.
While we waited for our order, my friend offered to order some queso. I love me some nachos, so I was totally down.
Unfortunately for me, what they call queso is actually pimento cheese. My friend is from Wisconsin, so I can't hold the misunderstanding against her.
Again, not saying it was bad at all; it just wasn't what I was expecting.
When my food came out, a steak and enchilada combo, I was pretty disappointed in the size of my steak.
Of course, I probably should have asked about the size, but it was smaller than I'm used to.
Don't get me wrong-I gobbled it up and never looked back. It tasted great, but my wallet probably will beg for somewhere else next time. I still recommend developing your own opinion, and I hope you enjoy it.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Key Ingredients for a Healthy Heart
- Spring Cleaning Made Easy to Help Tackle Inanimate Allergens
- For Love of the Game -- Smokeless Tobacco Still a Part of...
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards