Restaurant Review: The Grill
Texas has fallen from the 45th to last ranked by percent of citizens age 25 and older with a high school diploma or GED. Pam Belcher
Restaurants range from what I would consider high-class to "Let's just go through the drive-through so we don't have to get out of the car."
It's just not in my nature to try the "classier" joints, but yet again, a friend offered to buy, and I don't refuse a free meal.
The Grill is located at 5769 Sherwood Way, just past the Walmart, and serves "southwest style cuisine."
The chef, Felipe Armenta, has quite the resume under his belt, which also includes The Cork and Pig Tavern, located in San Angelo, and The Tavern in Fort Worth.
I am in no way dissing the food because it was great by any standards, in my opinion, but the overall place just wasn't for me.
First of all, The Grill boasts an extensive wine selection and has plenty of cocktails and beers for you non-wine drinkers. However, I'm not much for anything that doesn't have a pirate of some kind on it.
While we waited for our order, my friend offered to order some queso. I love me some nachos, so I was totally down.
Unfortunately for me, what they call queso is actually pimento cheese. My friend is from Wisconsin, so I can't hold the misunderstanding against her.
Again, not saying it was bad at all; it just wasn't what I was expecting.
When my food came out, a steak and enchilada combo, I was pretty disappointed in the size of my steak.
Of course, I probably should have asked about the size, but it was smaller than I'm used to.
Don't get me wrong-I gobbled it up and never looked back. It tasted great, but my wallet probably will beg for somewhere else next time. I still recommend developing your own opinion, and I hope you enjoy it.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership