Restaurant Review: The Grill
Texas has fallen from the 45th to last ranked by percent of citizens age 25 and older with a high school diploma or GED. Pam Belcher
Restaurants range from what I would consider high-class to "Let's just go through the drive-through so we don't have to get out of the car."
It's just not in my nature to try the "classier" joints, but yet again, a friend offered to buy, and I don't refuse a free meal.
The Grill is located at 5769 Sherwood Way, just past the Walmart, and serves "southwest style cuisine."
The chef, Felipe Armenta, has quite the resume under his belt, which also includes The Cork and Pig Tavern, located in San Angelo, and The Tavern in Fort Worth.
I am in no way dissing the food because it was great by any standards, in my opinion, but the overall place just wasn't for me.
First of all, The Grill boasts an extensive wine selection and has plenty of cocktails and beers for you non-wine drinkers. However, I'm not much for anything that doesn't have a pirate of some kind on it.
While we waited for our order, my friend offered to order some queso. I love me some nachos, so I was totally down.
Unfortunately for me, what they call queso is actually pimento cheese. My friend is from Wisconsin, so I can't hold the misunderstanding against her.
Again, not saying it was bad at all; it just wasn't what I was expecting.
When my food came out, a steak and enchilada combo, I was pretty disappointed in the size of my steak.
Of course, I probably should have asked about the size, but it was smaller than I'm used to.
Don't get me wrong-I gobbled it up and never looked back. It tasted great, but my wallet probably will beg for somewhere else next time. I still recommend developing your own opinion, and I hope you enjoy it.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities