Flag Football wins championship title
IM Legends team racks a fourth achievement
The ASU co-recreational intramural flag football team IM Legends took the 2013 National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) National Campus Championship Series title Jan. 5 at the University of West Florida in Pensacola.
IM Legends defeated the Kennesaw State University team, 48-16, winning the overall championship game. The ASU team also defeated Valdosta State, 63-15, in the semifinals, and Texas Tech, 68-6, along with Georgia Southern, 61-9, in the preliminaries.
"They did good," UREC Associate Director Jeromey Whitaker said. "They played for two days in Florida before they took the win."
IM legends Reid Jackson was named MVP and joined his wife and teammate Jodi Jackson on the All-America team.
IM Legends now holds four national titles, achieving the 2010 and 2012 American Intramural Sports (ACIS) championships, and the 2012 and 2013 NIRSA titles.
Along with IM legends competing at the NIRSA tournament was the ASU men's team Wolfpac. They lost in the quarterfinals against a team from the Air Force Academy, 39-24, after defeating teams from North Carolina A&T, Alabama and West Florida in the preliminaries.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths