Flag Football wins championship title
IM Legends team racks a fourth achievement
The ASU co-recreational intramural flag football team IM Legends took the 2013 National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) National Campus Championship Series title Jan. 5 at the University of West Florida in Pensacola.
IM Legends defeated the Kennesaw State University team, 48-16, winning the overall championship game. The ASU team also defeated Valdosta State, 63-15, in the semifinals, and Texas Tech, 68-6, along with Georgia Southern, 61-9, in the preliminaries.
"They did good," UREC Associate Director Jeromey Whitaker said. "They played for two days in Florida before they took the win."
IM legends Reid Jackson was named MVP and joined his wife and teammate Jodi Jackson on the All-America team.
IM Legends now holds four national titles, achieving the 2010 and 2012 American Intramural Sports (ACIS) championships, and the 2012 and 2013 NIRSA titles.
Along with IM legends competing at the NIRSA tournament was the ASU men's team Wolfpac. They lost in the quarterfinals against a team from the Air Force Academy, 39-24, after defeating teams from North Carolina A&T, Alabama and West Florida in the preliminaries.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit