Flag Football wins championship title
IM Legends team racks a fourth achievement
The ASU co-recreational intramural flag football team IM Legends took the 2013 National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) National Campus Championship Series title Jan. 5 at the University of West Florida in Pensacola.
IM Legends defeated the Kennesaw State University team, 48-16, winning the overall championship game. The ASU team also defeated Valdosta State, 63-15, in the semifinals, and Texas Tech, 68-6, along with Georgia Southern, 61-9, in the preliminaries.
"They did good," UREC Associate Director Jeromey Whitaker said. "They played for two days in Florida before they took the win."
IM legends Reid Jackson was named MVP and joined his wife and teammate Jodi Jackson on the All-America team.
IM Legends now holds four national titles, achieving the 2010 and 2012 American Intramural Sports (ACIS) championships, and the 2012 and 2013 NIRSA titles.
Along with IM legends competing at the NIRSA tournament was the ASU men's team Wolfpac. They lost in the quarterfinals against a team from the Air Force Academy, 39-24, after defeating teams from North Carolina A&T, Alabama and West Florida in the preliminaries.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
- Shopping for a New Sofa? Keep These Design Tips in Mind