Rams win against West Texas A&M
First win in Canyon since 2009
The Rams came away with a win against West Texas A&M (69-47).
This is the first the Rams have won in Canyon since 2009.
Senior Bryan Hammond led the team with 20 points. six rebounds and six assists.
Junior Tommy Woolridge came up behind Hammond, finishing the game with 19 points.
On Saturday, Feb. 1 the Rams were back on the court ready to take on Texas A&M-Kingsville. The team had and off week and took the time to get in extra practice and before for their next games.
The Rams lost of Texas A&M (69-79) but Senior Ice Asortse said it was awesome to be playing back at home.
"It was good to play at our own petition and the crowd was behind us and we were happy about it."
Head Coach Chris Beard said he gives a lot of credit to Texas A&M-Kingsville in the game.
"It wasn't one of our better games," he said. "It wasn't necessarily what we were doing wrong but what they were doing right."
Senior Zach Jones said it always feels good to play at home.
"As a senior you only have a few [home games] left," Jones said.
During their off week, Beard said they worked on their offense and defense.
"You kind of take a step back and instead of worrying about the competition, you worry about yourself," he said.
Another advantage to playing at home is having the crowd cheering on the players.
"We are very appreciative and thankful for the people that come to the games," Beard said. "We are working really hard on our end to build a program that the school and community can be proud of. I would like to see [the Junell Center] get to the point where there is not an empty seat in the building.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities