Rams win against West Texas A&M
First win in Canyon since 2009
The Rams came away with a win against West Texas A&M (69-47).
This is the first the Rams have won in Canyon since 2009.
Senior Bryan Hammond led the team with 20 points. six rebounds and six assists.
Junior Tommy Woolridge came up behind Hammond, finishing the game with 19 points.
On Saturday, Feb. 1 the Rams were back on the court ready to take on Texas A&M-Kingsville. The team had and off week and took the time to get in extra practice and before for their next games.
The Rams lost of Texas A&M (69-79) but Senior Ice Asortse said it was awesome to be playing back at home.
"It was good to play at our own petition and the crowd was behind us and we were happy about it."
Head Coach Chris Beard said he gives a lot of credit to Texas A&M-Kingsville in the game.
"It wasn't one of our better games," he said. "It wasn't necessarily what we were doing wrong but what they were doing right."
Senior Zach Jones said it always feels good to play at home.
"As a senior you only have a few [home games] left," Jones said.
During their off week, Beard said they worked on their offense and defense.
"You kind of take a step back and instead of worrying about the competition, you worry about yourself," he said.
Another advantage to playing at home is having the crowd cheering on the players.
"We are very appreciative and thankful for the people that come to the games," Beard said. "We are working really hard on our end to build a program that the school and community can be proud of. I would like to see [the Junell Center] get to the point where there is not an empty seat in the building.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- SGA the largest student senate ASU has seen in years
- Coach Wagner maintains high hopes for the Ram’s season
- Jet Ski accident results in loss of student
- History was made in the LGBT Community
- Rambelles prepare for first game, determined to beat Adams State
- Volleyball team is hungry for victory
- University mourns the loss of defensive back, Christian Taylor
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Five Tips for Making Your Dorm Room Feel Like Home
- Tinder Reveals Top 50 U.S. College Campuses with Most Popular Men and Women
- Little Known Tips to Pay Less at College Bookstores
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE