Rams win against West Texas A&M
First win in Canyon since 2009
The Rams came away with a win against West Texas A&M (69-47).
This is the first the Rams have won in Canyon since 2009.
Senior Bryan Hammond led the team with 20 points. six rebounds and six assists.
Junior Tommy Woolridge came up behind Hammond, finishing the game with 19 points.
On Saturday, Feb. 1 the Rams were back on the court ready to take on Texas A&M-Kingsville. The team had and off week and took the time to get in extra practice and before for their next games.
The Rams lost of Texas A&M (69-79) but Senior Ice Asortse said it was awesome to be playing back at home.
"It was good to play at our own petition and the crowd was behind us and we were happy about it."
Head Coach Chris Beard said he gives a lot of credit to Texas A&M-Kingsville in the game.
"It wasn't one of our better games," he said. "It wasn't necessarily what we were doing wrong but what they were doing right."
Senior Zach Jones said it always feels good to play at home.
"As a senior you only have a few [home games] left," Jones said.
During their off week, Beard said they worked on their offense and defense.
"You kind of take a step back and instead of worrying about the competition, you worry about yourself," he said.
Another advantage to playing at home is having the crowd cheering on the players.
"We are very appreciative and thankful for the people that come to the games," Beard said. "We are working really hard on our end to build a program that the school and community can be proud of. I would like to see [the Junell Center] get to the point where there is not an empty seat in the building.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Softball seniors go out with a bang at their last home game
- German club hosts Walpurgis Night, all are invited
- Student chooses ASU for the small time feel, scholarships and smiling faces
- Athlete from Hamlin, Texas, picks ASU for track experience
- PIKE gets risqué for a good cause
- Famous paleontologist talks to students about his discovery of an extinct fish
- Drop and Shop sale benefits Concho Valley PAWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!