Rams win against West Texas A&M
First win in Canyon since 2009
The Rams came away with a win against West Texas A&M (69-47).
This is the first the Rams have won in Canyon since 2009.
Senior Bryan Hammond led the team with 20 points. six rebounds and six assists.
Junior Tommy Woolridge came up behind Hammond, finishing the game with 19 points.
On Saturday, Feb. 1 the Rams were back on the court ready to take on Texas A&M-Kingsville. The team had and off week and took the time to get in extra practice and before for their next games.
The Rams lost of Texas A&M (69-79) but Senior Ice Asortse said it was awesome to be playing back at home.
"It was good to play at our own petition and the crowd was behind us and we were happy about it."
Head Coach Chris Beard said he gives a lot of credit to Texas A&M-Kingsville in the game.
"It wasn't one of our better games," he said. "It wasn't necessarily what we were doing wrong but what they were doing right."
Senior Zach Jones said it always feels good to play at home.
"As a senior you only have a few [home games] left," Jones said.
During their off week, Beard said they worked on their offense and defense.
"You kind of take a step back and instead of worrying about the competition, you worry about yourself," he said.
Another advantage to playing at home is having the crowd cheering on the players.
"We are very appreciative and thankful for the people that come to the games," Beard said. "We are working really hard on our end to build a program that the school and community can be proud of. I would like to see [the Junell Center] get to the point where there is not an empty seat in the building.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership