Baseball starts off with two wins
Rams open with doubleheader
The Rams opened their season with a doubleheader against McMurry University and walked away with a win.
"It feels good to start off with a win," junior Hayden Elrod said. "When you get a win everyone is going to be excited."
The Rams finished the day with a total of 22 hits.
Four hits each came from senior Tyler Coughenour and junior Blake Bass.
Added to the hits was two triples made by freshman Nehwon Norkeh.
"We did enough things that we needed to do to win," Head Coach Kevin Brooks said. "We had a really good start in pitching and some timely hitting."
In game one, senior Jake Feckley had eight strikeouts and earned the win in seven innings of work.
In game two, senior Reggie Rodriguez and Bass had two RBI, while Coughenour delivered the first home run of the season.
Rodriguez said the team chemistry was really good for their first games.
"We are not just like a team, we are more like a family," he said. "We are all in together."
Rodriguez said the team is hoping to add another win to their record.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel