Baseball starts off with two wins
Rams open with doubleheader
The Rams opened their season with a doubleheader against McMurry University and walked away with a win.
"It feels good to start off with a win," junior Hayden Elrod said. "When you get a win everyone is going to be excited."
The Rams finished the day with a total of 22 hits.
Four hits each came from senior Tyler Coughenour and junior Blake Bass.
Added to the hits was two triples made by freshman Nehwon Norkeh.
"We did enough things that we needed to do to win," Head Coach Kevin Brooks said. "We had a really good start in pitching and some timely hitting."
In game one, senior Jake Feckley had eight strikeouts and earned the win in seven innings of work.
In game two, senior Reggie Rodriguez and Bass had two RBI, while Coughenour delivered the first home run of the season.
Rodriguez said the team chemistry was really good for their first games.
"We are not just like a team, we are more like a family," he said. "We are all in together."
Rodriguez said the team is hoping to add another win to their record.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas