'Belles look for a win against New Mexico
Looking to gain a win after a loss to West Texas
The Rambelles came out with a loss against West Texas A&M, Wednesday Feb. 5 in Canyon (56-95).
The Rambelles struggled with shooting hitting only 32.2 percent in the first half.
Junior Hillari Adam led the lead the team with 16 points and eight rebounds. Junior Karli Kellermeier scored 11 points for the second straight game.
Before their game Wednesday, the 'Belles were off for a week. The Rambelles returned back to the court, Saturday Feb. 1 and won their game against Texas A&M-Kingsville (63-47).
"We came in with a bunch of energy," senior Rochelle Norris said.
During the teams week off, Head Coach Cayla Petree said the team worked on shooting while keeping the mood upbeat.
"We did less technical and less preparation type things and more fundamental and we tried to make it light," Petree said. "I think anytime you can play with fresh legs and a clear mind you are going to come out with good energy and that is what we did."
Having the crowd energy at Saturday's game gave the team lots of energy and drive, Haynes said.
"We went on the road and we caught a win against Cameron and coming back here after a win was really good," she said. "The crowd was with us and it was very energetic the whole game."
Petree said practice time has been cut but they still plan to work just as hard during the time as they would before.
"From here until the end of the season we probably won't go longer than an hour and 15 [minutes]," she said. "Within that 75 minutes we will get in shooting, some fundamental work and then the preparation for the next team."
The 'Belles hit five of their nine three-pointers in the first half of the game.
"For our upcoming games, we want to work on containing the shooters because we know they can shoot the ball well," Norris said.
Haynes finished Saturday's game with a total of 16 points. Kellermeier had her first double-digit score of the season with 11 points and Norris came up behind with 10 points.
The Rambelles will play against Eastern New Mexico University at the Junell Center on Saturday, Feb. 8 at 2 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- ASU celebrates mascot’s birthday with cupcakes and party hats
- Agriculture students volunteer at the stock show and rodeo
- Former UCPC performer could potentially be the next American Idol
- Rams and Rambelles rack up another victory
- ASU ROTC Program is best detachment in the region
- UCPC hosts grocery bingo for students and gets great results
- Career development hosts a blue and gold scavenger hunt
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- How to Make Outdoor Spaces as Beautiful and Comfortable...
- Railway Emergency Training Keeps Responders on Track
- 6 Myths About Pet Allergies
- Medical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- 6 Common Myths About Pet Allergies
- 5 Things You Don't Know About Superbugs
- BrainStormers: Backyard DIY Inventors Tackle Weather,...
- 4 Surprising Tips You Need to Know Before Buying or...
- What Does It Mean to File a Tax Extension?
- 8 consejos para que las personas de la tercera edad...