Where would we be without Facebook?
I am sure you have seen everyone posting their Facebook video that recounts just a few of the statuses and pictures they have had over the years.
If you are wondering what all that is about and why it started popping up in the news feed, it is because Facebook celebrated its 10th anniversary.
Ten years of Facebook... If you think about 10 years ago, I am sure other things come to mind besides the creation of Facebook. For me, I was barely in 4th grade.
It is hard to believe Facebook and social media in general has made it through 10 years of our lifetime.
If you want to know if school is cancelled? Check Facebook. Curious about where your friend went last night? Check Facebook.
For many, the allure of Facebook is one that has us checking our phones and tablets from the moment we wake up until the moment we shut our eyes.
For some of us, we have had our Facebook's since before we were teenagers, but what did we do before that time?
Facebook has allowed us to connect with those we lost touch with. It is also a way for us to share our lives with family and friends through a series of photos and statuses.
Now with new additions to the social media world (Twitter, Keek, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram), there are so many portals where we can send information.
This is a Happy Birthday to Facebook and a thanks for being a part of my life to help document what I have been doing.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program