Where would we be without Facebook?
I am sure you have seen everyone posting their Facebook video that recounts just a few of the statuses and pictures they have had over the years.
If you are wondering what all that is about and why it started popping up in the news feed, it is because Facebook celebrated its 10th anniversary.
Ten years of Facebook... If you think about 10 years ago, I am sure other things come to mind besides the creation of Facebook. For me, I was barely in 4th grade.
It is hard to believe Facebook and social media in general has made it through 10 years of our lifetime.
If you want to know if school is cancelled? Check Facebook. Curious about where your friend went last night? Check Facebook.
For many, the allure of Facebook is one that has us checking our phones and tablets from the moment we wake up until the moment we shut our eyes.
For some of us, we have had our Facebook's since before we were teenagers, but what did we do before that time?
Facebook has allowed us to connect with those we lost touch with. It is also a way for us to share our lives with family and friends through a series of photos and statuses.
Now with new additions to the social media world (Twitter, Keek, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram), there are so many portals where we can send information.
This is a Happy Birthday to Facebook and a thanks for being a part of my life to help document what I have been doing.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”