Where would we be without Facebook?
I am sure you have seen everyone posting their Facebook video that recounts just a few of the statuses and pictures they have had over the years.
If you are wondering what all that is about and why it started popping up in the news feed, it is because Facebook celebrated its 10th anniversary.
Ten years of Facebook... If you think about 10 years ago, I am sure other things come to mind besides the creation of Facebook. For me, I was barely in 4th grade.
It is hard to believe Facebook and social media in general has made it through 10 years of our lifetime.
If you want to know if school is cancelled? Check Facebook. Curious about where your friend went last night? Check Facebook.
For many, the allure of Facebook is one that has us checking our phones and tablets from the moment we wake up until the moment we shut our eyes.
For some of us, we have had our Facebook's since before we were teenagers, but what did we do before that time?
Facebook has allowed us to connect with those we lost touch with. It is also a way for us to share our lives with family and friends through a series of photos and statuses.
Now with new additions to the social media world (Twitter, Keek, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram), there are so many portals where we can send information.
This is a Happy Birthday to Facebook and a thanks for being a part of my life to help document what I have been doing.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
- Student Social Work Association raises money for Concho Valley Rape Crisis...
- Rams baseball reaches its 401st win after a three game series
- Friendliness leads to extended stay
- Ram Page reflects on the past year and sets goals for the future
- 13th annual pops at the pavilion emphasizes the importance of happiness in life
- Ram TV and Ram Page students are awarded for their hard work
- Online fundraiser will raise donations for nonprofits in San Angelo
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 6 Tips for Planning Your Wedding Photos Like a Pro
- High OCTANe Event Comes to Calif., Brings Businesses,...
- A Novel Innovation Hub for Africa
- Want a Cleaner Home? Easy-to-Clean Carpeting Is Key
- Bee Safe While Gardening to Protect Pollinators
- Military Seeks Better Alternatives for Treating Pain...
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NYT Bestselling Author Martin Yate's Book for Graduates
- Deadline Approaching for Scholarship Program Benefitting First-Year Law Students
- HEROES OF THE DORM™: THE UC BERKELEY GOLDEN BEARS ARE HEROES OF THE STORM™ COLLEGIATE CHAMPIONS
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease