I feel like a lot of people have thought about owning a bar, and maybe put some serious thought into it.
I’m one of those people. Despite not majoring in business, I think it would be fun to own and operate a bar. I will inform you of my wondrous bar plan.
My bar would be near a college campus and give student discounts, with a bonus discount during finals week. Finals are hard, and I would pity the students who cry into their drink.
This also wouldn’t be a flat out bar. In the daytime, until 5 p.m., it would be a chill coffeehouse and hangout place with light snacks. No, this would not be Starbucks part two. This would be way cooler.
My place would cater to fandoms. There would be a drink for all the main fandoms, such as Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, etc.
Another difference from Starbucks is that it wouldn’t specialize in just coffee. We would have milkshakes and smoothies too. Everyone needs something sweet while studying. Of course, there would be coffee, tea and soda, but we would focus on the milkshakes and smoothies. This could give some awesome color combos.
Doctor Who would have a special blue tea called the Tardis. Harry Potter would have a series of Hogwarts house shakes. Game of Thrones could have a smoothie. I’m not a huge fan of GoT, so I’m not too sure what I would do with it.
Customers could also order something, and ask us to name it something in their fandom if it isn’t a popular fandom. Shout out to the not so famous fandoms, like Percy Jackson. Rick Riordan is the man.
After 5 p.m., we would shorten the menu for two hours, then open up the bar. The bar would be flooded with fandom drinks. Who’s up for a Katniss Cocktail?
We’d have special theme nights on fandom holidays and season premiers, where that theme is discounted. Extra discount for patrons in costume.
I’d want the place to be charming and welcoming, with all the cozy feel of a local coffeehouse. It would have brick walls and warm colored wood designs on the floor. The bar would have black granite, and of course we would have a kitchen.
Every bar needs a kitchen. Why not get more bang for your buck? Food would be classic, simple bar food done right. Maybe we would even have a breakfast menu, I’m not too sure yet.
Will I ever open this awesome bar? I’m not sure, but I would love to. I’d at least love to go to a fandom themed bar. I just think it would be fun.
For all of those out there wondering, yes, I am 22.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas