Softball sweeps series from MSU
Belle defense holds strong in finale
The Rambelles have continued their series with another set of wins.
With a series of three games, the Belles played the Midwestern State University Mustangs and earned a full sweep.
Game one on April 7 came to an immediate head start for the Belles as they gained four runs within the first inning.
The game continued to remain in the Belles’ favor, though no one gained any more runs until the fourth inning, when the Belles gained three more runs.
During the fifth, the Belles gained one last run that ended the game with a final score of 8-0.
On April 8, the two teams came together for the second game. This time, the game started slower.
During the second inning, the Mustangs obtained two runs. However, the Belles maintained the lead at four.
Fourth inning, the Belles managed to raise this lead even higher by gaining two additional runs.
Ending at the seventh, the final score was 6-2 for the Belles.
The third game was later that same day and had the closest scores of the series.
There was no major hit or home run that suddenly granted one team a significant lead. Instead, the Belles had to build this lead once again.
The Belles gained a single run during each of the first three innings, which were the only ones for the Belles.
Defense ultimately won this series finale. The Belles won by freezing Mustang batters and reacting quickly to any ball, tagging out most of the Mustangs before they could make it to first base.
Throughout the game, the Mustangs were only able to get one run.
"I think, in general, our fan support this season has been unbelievable and it’s awesome, the way our players feed off that energy the fans bring," Katie Scott, associate head coach, said. "Any time the fans are out there, raising their voice, our players feed off it, love it and it shows on the field."
The Belles’ next series will be on April 14 against the UT Permian Basin Falcons.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas