Let go of the past, be happy with what you have
My family seems pretty complete, I would say; but I feel something is missing.
I talk to everyone in my family, including my father, who is incarcerated.
He’s what I feel is missing.
He hasn’t been with my brothers, mom or myself for a while for reasons I wish not to talk about.
However, my brothers and I write to him and visit him from time to time, which isn’t necessarily what I want, but it’ll have to do for now.
I wish he was here to watch me go through college and see my experience with my job at the Ram Page, etc.
I know this may sound bad, but him being incarcerated was one of the best things that happened; not for the reasons you all may think.
He has shown so much improvement that I can’t even begin to explain.
He has found Christ and is moving forward in his spiritual life, he is sober, he is working on his GED and he’s just a better person all around.
So, for any of you that have family members or friends that you don’t talk to anymore because of something they did in the past, get over it.
We don’t live forever, people.
And I’m here to tell you that people do change for the better, because I have witnessed it in my father.
I couldn’t be more proud of him.
I continue to miss him every day and I can’t wait for him to get out and start his new life with my family.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- News Site Rantt Takes The Time to Get It Right
- The Opioid Crisis' Latest Victims: Addicted Babies
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards