Softball sweeps defeat for Lubbock Christian
Belles best Chaps, continue 19-1 streak
Rambelle softball swept a doubleheader against Lubbock Christian University on March 2 to put them at a 19-1 overall record.
The LCU Lady Chaps were shut out 10-0 by the Rambelles with junior pitcher Brandy Marlett pitching the first portion of the game.
"I think we played extremely well today," Head Coach Travis Scott said.
Senior pitcher Kenedy Urbany pitched the last half of the second game. The Rambelles won 7-1.
"We had a lot of confidence and momentum going into the second game," Urbany said.
Urbany said her mindset for pitching the last of the game was to "hit my spots and let my defense do the work."
"There are always things to work on," Urbany said. "We can work on the little things, but I think we did a really good job of hitting and playing defense and we just have to keep doing that throughout the season."
The Rambelles had a total of three home runs throughout the two games; one from sophomore catcher Taegan Kirk and the other two from freshman outfielder Courtney Barnhill.
"Taegan and Courtney both had great days and these are two good wins," Scott said.
Scott said Urbany and her defense were "phenomenal" during the second game.
"Kenedy kept the ball on the ground and if we do that we’re going to play pretty good defense," Scott said.
Scott said Marlett and Kenedy pitched well and Karina Rocha had a good day at third base.
"[The team] stayed focused and to get a run early there in the first inning was huge," Scott said.
Scott said to be able to go out and beat the two LCU pitchers was "quite the accomplishment" because they were both good.
"They are a 16-2 team and we came in here and played extremely well," Scott said.
After these two games the Lady Chaps are now 16-4 on the season.
Scott said the team proved a lot in these two games.
"Our schedule so far hasn’t been overly tough and this is a great team that we just went out and played really well, so I think it proves that we can beat anyone in the country," Scott said.
Urbany also said these were two huge wins.
"I think these were two really good team wins especially against Lubbock Christian because they are a very good program," Urbany said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- News Site Rantt Takes The Time to Get It Right
- The Opioid Crisis' Latest Victims: Addicted Babies
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards