Let’s get down to business fraternities
Delta Sigma Pi emphasizes growth
Delta Sigma Pi is a professional and international business fraternity.
"Delta Sigma Pi is a national business fraternity for both men and women alike who are pursuing careers in business," Emily Franchuk junior said. "In short, Delta Sigma Pi is this huge professional development network."
This year, Delta Sigma Pi is preparing to celebrate 50 years being on campus.
"We are celebrating our 50th year this semester with a huge shindig in April," Gayle Randall adviser said. "It’s really exciting because many of my Deltasig brothers will be attending the event as alumni."
Some of those alumni include an entrepreneur who was honored with "Business of the Year" in Dallas, along with a vice president at CarMax.
Delta Sigma Pi is not like any other fraternity on campus.
"We are unlike other frats because we are a professional fraternity," Franchuk said. "It is not Greek life. We are a part of the Professional Fraternity Association (PFA)."
Delta Sigma Pi is the first co-ed professional business fraternity and one of the largest.
"We really do a lot in all areas of life whether it is education, service, commerce, or even social activity," Franchuk said.
Each year Delta Sigma Pi is involved in community services, professional events, recruiting events, fundraisers and socials.
In Delta Sigma Pi, members are not only building on business skills, they are building leadership while creating a brotherhood.
"Delta Sigma Pi allows you to become lifelong friends with folks that have similar interests and helps you understand what it is like to work as a team… and get to know each other as students of commerce - which comes in handy in class," Randall said.
The requirements to join involve academic and financial commitment, as well as attendance and being a business major.
"I think business majors should be interested in Delta Sigma Pi because it is a great community with so many opportunities," Franchuk said. "You really have the chance to build yourself, but more importantly to build the brotherhood and Delta Sigma Pi as a whole."
To stay informed with Delta Sigma Pi, like them on Facebook at Delta Sigma Pi: Eta Theta Chapter, follow them on Instagram @dspetatheta along with Twitter at @etatheta67 and SnapChat at etheta8.
"I highly encourage everyone in the school of business to check us out next fall," Emily said. "You are going to get out of this fraternity what you invest and honestly a bit more."
Possible sidebar info: Service projects include collecting goods for the Ronald McDonald House, honoring the ROTC veterans with roses on Veteran’s Day, bringing goodies to the business faculty; professional events include arranging for speakers, touring facilities, and visiting business professionals, as well as attending leadership conferences; social events include volleyball, movie night, poker night, bowling, going out to eat, or just having fun with each other; fundraisers include selling dipped strawberries on Valentine’s Day, selling pancake breakfasts, selling bricks (that are outside the UC)
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- News Site Rantt Takes The Time to Get It Right
- The Opioid Crisis' Latest Victims: Addicted Babies
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards