Students discussed the new RamPort design and said it was an improvement, though some students don’t get on the website too often.
Freshman Walker Whitten said he gets on RamPort "quite often."
"I think the new design of it is really good," Whitten said. "I feel like it’s easier for current students and can be easier for incoming students."
Whitten said he liked that Blackboard and the ASU email were easily accessible in the top right corner of the page.
"Honestly, that’s about all I use," Whitten said. "I haven’t really explored the whole page."
Senior Kallee Spurlin said she also gets on RamPort two to three times a day.
"I really like the new design," Spurlin said. "It is more user friendly and it was definitely time for a facelift."
Spurlin said she thinks it’s going to take everyone some time to "relearn" where some items are at.
"We will just adjust to the changes quickly," Spurlin said.
Spurlin said she likes that the most commonly used options have shortcuts on the homepage as well.
Freshman Efren Leija said he gets on RamPort often too.
"I really like the new design, though some parts are pretty confusing," Leija said.
Freshman Alexandra Haag said she does not get on it very often except when she has to put her work hours in.
However, Haag said she did like the new design.
"I feel like it’s easier to use and not as cluttered as the old version," Haag said.
Haag said she has not found anything wrong with the site yet.
Freshman Braden Cox said he also does not get in Ramport much.
"I’m not familiar with the new design," Cox said.
Cox said he mainly just gets on Blackboard.
For the most part, whether the students got on the site often or not, they said they liked the new design.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More asurampage News Articles
Recent asurampage News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASURAMPAGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TODAY'S PRINT EDITION
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASURAMPAGE NEWS
RECENT ASURAMPAGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- News Site Rantt Takes The Time to Get It Right
- The Opioid Crisis' Latest Victims: Addicted Babies
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards